Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread: PC Tech Talk

1. Default

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...mark,3120.html
    Not untill games start using more cores.
    Games prefer more powerfull cores over multiple cores.
    Your CPU would be right on par with a pentium g630, so You should be fine with your current one for gaming untill at least haswell.
    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/55?vs=406
    a quad wont give you that much of a boost in gaming, the IPC and clock of the new chips will. Just overclock what you have.
    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/55?vs=288

GPU like a 6850 might be a better investment, but two 4850s is still a massive force to be reckoned with. What resolution are you playing at?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

2. Default

Correct, you may lose performance in some games if you get too small a quad core. However the new sandy bridge is much faster even if you got a dule. However you will need to replace your motherboard for any upgrade that is worth it cpu wise.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by KɅΞW View Post
    Just talked to the people at 3dguru and they suggest that my CPU needs to be upgrade from dual core to quad core. Thanks for the input though.
    Totally agree with zero and starmine. Your not going to get much of a boost for gaming by switching just a cpu. Toms hardware post articles every month on whats the best bang for your buck, and the tend to be pretty accurate with all the test they done http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ew,3107-4.html

I myself have two Amd 4850s with a i7 920 processor and still serving me well. Best spent of 200 would be to buy a GPU or save up and go with a 1155 socket motherboard and get an i5 processor. The 775 motherboard is whats really limiting you

A fan quit on me, im having CPU heat problems. What is the best cooling route to take that won't cost an arm and leg.
    Personal reform

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_MikeyRevile View Post
    A fan quit on me, im having CPU heat problems. What is the best cooling route to take that won't cost an arm and leg.
    buy a new fan?
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_MikeyRevile View Post
    Frozen peas.

4) Use admin privileges sparingly and appropriately.

Arrow

The over heating of my CPU was a problem even before the fan quit. I'm looking for an efficient way to keep my CPU and other parts cool. As the CPU fan I currently have is a pos
    Personal reform

8. Default

buy an after market cooler o.O

Best value one is the cooler master hyper 212+ (succeeded by the evo)
    Best Air cooler for whatever price, something like a noctua d-14 or a Prolimatech venom... What was it called?

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    buy an after market cooler o.O

Best value one is the cooler master hyper 212+ (succeeded by the evo)
    Best Air cooler for whatever price, something like a noctua d-14 or a Prolimatech venom... What was it called?
    are these fairly light? My current one is heavy as balls and sags, you can physically see it damaging the CPU socket.
    Personal reform

10. Default

you will be hard pressed to break a mobo from the weight of a cooler.